Saturday, December 5, 2009

Moving house superstition.


There is a tradition in the west of Ireland of moving house only on a Friday, it is considered very unlucky to move into a house on any other day. I know of situations where someone who has bought a house, and only gets the keys on a Saturday will wait until the next Friday to move. Obviously Friday the 13th is not a good day to move in either.
Also it if you are building a new house you are only supposed to break ground on a Friday and in the foundation of the building of the building some money must be buried to make sure that the owners will never run out of money.
I moved house last weekend and even though I am not a superstitious person I followed tradition and moved in on a Friday. The picture is not my home but was part of the apartments I lived before my move. These were old horse stables that were restored and turned into apartments, none of the stonework was altered and the front doors to the apartments were about 1.6m or 5.5 feet, which meant that you would bang your head if you were not careful.


1 comment:

jhon said...

Don't put yourself under extra stress by looking after grandmas blind dog the week you move, don't try to lose weight, run a marathon or do anything that takes time and energy away from low cost long distance movers